Laptop parts are very easy targets for thieves. They are the perfect item to steal, easy to identify, small enough to carry and hide and easy to sell on for a huge profit, or even as an individual, dissected laptop parts. Don’t make it easy for thieve to steal your pride and joy. There are a number of ways you can improve the safety of your laptop parts, here are our 5 favourite tips!
1. Do Not Use a Laptop BagOne of the key reasons that laptop parts are so easy to steal is that they are very easy to identify because of their instantly recognisable shape. This makes laptop parts prime targets for spontaneous snatchings at unexpected moments. Using a generic bag, rather than a bag specifically designed for laptop parts, will make your equipment less recognisable.
2. Carry your Laptop with youThis might sound obvious, but some people get careless. Always carry your laptop parts in hand luggage on aeroplanes and keep hold of it (or at least a very careful watch on it) in public places like libraries and coffee shops.
3. Add an ‘If Stolen’ MessageAccording to security experts, a little message stating ‘Reward if found – No questions asked’ can help you get your laptop parts back. Whether the ‘thief’ made an honest mistake, or is a real thief too lazy to find a fresh buyer, the offer of a reward and the promise of no questions could get your laptop parts back safe and sound, with all your important files.
4. Use Strong PasswordsSometimes it might not be possible to stop your laptop parts from being stolen, but you may be able to do a little damage control if they do get taken. Use strong passwords, (‘PASSWORD1’ is not going to cut it here) this will make sure that all your private details and information is safe from unscrupulous characters.
5. Invest in Location Tracing SoftwareIf you take the safety of your laptop parts very seriously indeed, you could consider investing in some location tracing software which will give you the coordinates of your stolen laptop parts. This might sound like the opening of a spy-thriller, but is actually real. Many of these programmes can also help you delete or retrieve files and remotely disable your laptop parts.
If you’d like to find new ways to keep your laptop parts safe, take a look at the rest of our site. We sell great, unidentifiable laptop bags and heaps of other laptop security equipment. Browse today or call our team on 01446 731279 for assistance!
Tags: Laptop Parts